About Rozsa Foundation
The Rozsa Foundation is a philanthropic organization that builds on the legacy of its founders who were acknowledged supporters of the Arts by funding not-for-profit arts organizations active in the City of Calgary. Provincially, the Foundation hosts an arts management competition, offers a professional development arts management certificate in conjunction with the Haskayne School of Business Executive Education, and is developing MBA arts management courses at the School of Business, University of Alberta. The Rozsa Foundation also provides limited operational support to a variety of non-arts agencies through donor advised and designated funds.
The Rozsa Foundation has four broad strategic priorities:
- Build administrative capacity in arts organizations.
- Support artistic exndeavors and arts education programs.
- Facilitate the construction of arts facilities.
- Positively influence public opinion of and support for the Arts.
The Rozsa Foundation addresses the following gaps and opportunities:
- Arts Administrators either lack appropriate educational background, and/or have few professional development opportunities.
- Human resources are a major challenge for arts organizations.
- Typically, youth and ethnically diverse residents are not well represented in arts audiences or Boards.
- Up to date local arts sector research is too expensive for most arts organizations to obtain.
- The Alberta provincial arts curriculum and pedagogy is outdated.
- Capital campaigns drain resources from operations.
- The value of the arts is poorly articulated.